Sr, Java Developer, Business Intelligence + Advanced Data Analytics
About the Company
Control brings the most advanced business intelligence software capabilities to solve the biggest challenges in the world of FinTech. We are a diverse and passionate group lead by industry veterans alongside those who desire to explore uncharted territory and rewrite the script. We are a global team, with global ambitions, right here in Vancouver’s Gastown district. You’ll be embraced for your diversity of thought, your willingness to challenge the status quo, and your ability to crank out results– your contributions will have an immediate impact on our customers’ success and our continued growth.
We’re integrating into the world’s largest digital commerce platforms and we need to scale to handle massive amounts of data, power predictive models, and provide a transcendental user experience. We need a Back-End Software Engineer that is familiar with GCP, web-scale and beyond, who will design and implement solutions to achieve rocket ship performance with the flexibility to meet the evolving needs of advanced business intelligence use cases.
- Recommending and driving architecture around selected Iaas and Paas platforms
- Be a crusader and champion on the team for achieving “ludicrous speed” performance against massive data sets
- Working closely with team members to define standards, implement solutions and discuss best practices
- Be a guru, open-minded, and be an excellent workmate. Have fun.
What You Bring to the Team
- 5+ years experience building cloud services, distributed systems, big data systems Proficiency in distributed computing principles
- Experience using Java, you will work on all phases of SDLC, including unit testing, integration testing, deployment & operations.
- Experience with tools such as version control (git), Log Management (Splunk), Service monitoring (New Relic), Load & Performance Analysis (Soasta/JMeter), etc Experience in building microservices
- Experience utilizing NoSql , SQL.
- Experience with Cloud providers like AWS, GCP or Azure
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Good knowledge of Data structures and algorithms
What We Can Offer You
Control offers competitive salary and benefits. We are big believers in making everyone a business owner of Control – we have a very aggressive employee stock option plan. We are an equal opportunity employer (of course) and strongly believe in professional and personal development. If all this sounds intriguing, we’d love to hear from you!
We are excited to hire for this permanent and full-time position – please apply asap with your focused resume to [email protected].