1. Your Privacy
2. Information We Collect & How We Use It
We may collect and use personal and non-personal information from you when you access or use the Service. In this section of the Policy, we will describe the type of information that may be collected and how that information may be used. We do not store personal information about your customers.
2.1 Personal Information
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” means personally identifiable information that specifically identifies someone as an individual and includes those items listed below.
2.1.1 Registering for Account
When you register for an account on the Service (an “Account”), we collect and store the personal information that you provide us, which may include:
- contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number;
- billing Information such as credit card number, and billing address;
- unique Identifiers such as user name, user IPs, device IDs, account number, and password; and
- transactional data
- information required to provide the Service
We use this information to create an Account for you, provide you with the Service and communicate with you about your Account and the Service.
2.1.2 Using the Service
You may store, and we may collect and use personal information from you as part of your use of the Service.
2.1.3 Contacting Us
When you choose to contact us through the Service, we may collect, store and use the personal information that you provide us, such as your name, email address, phone number and other information you choose to provide in the content of your message, so we can respond to your inquiry.
How the Collected Information is Used
We use information that we collect to help provide you with better service. For example, we may transmit your personal information, including your device name, device type, device OS version, account email address, statement descriptor, and Stripe identification information securely over SSL to the Control server; and we use identifying information on your device to help us isolate errors and crashes from the application. Among other things, the information we collect enables us to:
- improve our services;
- ensure that contents in the website are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- communicate with you;
- conduct research and analysis;
- customize the content you see;
- provide you with additional information we think is of interest to you;
- fulfill your requests for products, services and information and validate your user rights; and
- provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
We may also engage third parties to help track and analyze anonymous information from users who visit our website or use the Service or the performance of advertisements.
2.2 Non-Personal Information
For the purpose of this Policy, “non-personal information” means: (1) information that does not directly identify you; and (2) “aggregate” and “de-personalized” information, which is data we collect about the use of the Service from which personally identifiable information has been removed.
2.2.1 Cookies, Beacons, and Tracking
When you access or use the Service, we (or a third-party provider) may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags, locally shared objects, clear GIFs and web beacons, to track what you view and interact with on the Service. We treat information collected by cookies and similar technologies as non-personal information.
A “cookie” is a small bit of record-keeping information that is sent to your computer. The cookies that we use do not include personal information and may be used to: (1) help you navigate around the Service, (2) monitor how many people are using the Service, and (3) track trends. Once you leave the Service, the cookie is not retained on your computer.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can disable cookies or set your browser to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, disabling cookies may affect your ability to access the Service.
2.2.2 Server Logs
Our servers may log non-personal information about your use of the Service, such as: (1) your, or your customers’, if applicable, search activity, pages viewed, the date and time of activity; and (2) any information provided by your, or your customers’, if applicable, computers or mobile devices in connection with your use of the Service, such as browser type, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
2.2.3 Trusted Partners and Sponsored Companies and Organizations
We may use and disclose to its affiliated companies, contractors, trusted partners or persons the collected non-personal information for the purpose of auditing, researching and analyzing usage of the Service, ensuring the technical functionality of the Service and further developing the Service and our other products.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
3.1 How/When the Collected Information is Disclosed
We will never sell, share, transfer or rent your personal information for secondary purposes.
In certain circumstances, we may share any or all information we have collected, including personally identifiable information. For example:
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our subsidiary companies as defined in the British Columbia Business Corporations Act.
- We might share your personally identifiable information during due diligence or in preparation for or after a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation.
- If you give us permission, we may share your personally identifiable information with third parties who might send you marketing and promotional information.
- Your personal information may be transferred to anyone who is helping us make our website and the Service available and functional, like technical agents, payment processing vendors, other subcontractors, and our affiliates and consultants.
- As in any transaction, if you provide your credit card information to us for purchases, your credit card company will be provided with all relevant information about us, item(s) purchased, cost and other information necessary to process the transaction.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information under a legal obligation, in order to enforce or apply its contractual agreements or without your consent pursuant to any of the exceptions in the BC PIPA or the PIPEDA.
- We may share anonymous information (meaning information that does not identify you personally) with or to others, such as advertisers, sponsors and business partners.
3.2 Data Processing
We may also disclose personal information to its service providers for the purpose of processing personal information on its behalf or assisting in the operation of the Service or our other products. We require that these parties agree to process such personal information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures. We currently use Stripe for our billing and payment processing.
4. Choices for Personal Information
If we propose to collect, use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than those described in this Policy, we will obtain your consent or offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes.
You may choose to withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this Policy at any time. If you withdraw consent, then we may no longer be able to provide you with full or any access to the Service.
Users are also given the opportunity to “opt-out” of having their personal information used for specific purposes such as receiving newsletters or other information from us.
Withdrawals of consent will not have an effect on personal or other data that we have used or disclosed in accordance with this Policy prior to such withdrawals.
5. Third Party Privacy Policies
We may make available third-party links through hyperlinks or otherwise enable you to access third-party products or services from the Service that are not affiliated with or controlled by us. We are not responsible for those parties, the content of their products or services, or the use of information you provide to them. Providing links or otherwise enabling access to third-party products or services does not constitute sponsorship of or affiliation with those people or companies. You recognize and agree that we are not liable for any third parties use of your personal information and you should review the privacy policies of these third parties.
6. Data Storage
Control uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run Control and Control Alerts. Your personal information may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your province, state or country or to a jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location. If you are located outside of Canada, please be advised that we process and store information in Canada and/or the US and/or the EU and your use of our website or the Service constitutes your consent to and understanding of this processing and storage.
We take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely in accordance with this Policy and applicable privacy legislation. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through our website or the Service and you do so at your own risk.
Access to third party services’ accounts
These services allow Control to access Data from your account on a third-party service and perform actions with it.
These services are not activated automatically but require explicit authorization by the User.
Access to the Stripe account (Stripe Inc)
This service allows Control to connect with the User’s account on the Stripe network, provided by Stripe, Inc.
PayPal is a payment service provided by PayPal Inc., which allows users to make online payments using their Paypal credentials.
7. Information Security
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal information. We use physical, electronic and/or procedural safeguards to protect its systems and all personal information under its control against unauthorized access and use. For example, in order to use Control for Stripe , we require that you authenticate with Stripe via the Stripe OAuth Connect Connect. Stripe/ issues an access token, after authentication, and that access token is stored locally on the device. The Stripe access token is used with all communication between the Stripe, Control, and Control Alerts. All communication between Control, the StripeAPI, and Webhooks, is done over SSL.
We only use third party server hosts with certified facilities that contain the industry standard physical, operational and digital security and restriction protocols. All safety and security measures are reasonable and appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information collected.
8. Accuracy and Access/Control Over Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information collected by us or on our behalf is accurate and complete, as required pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act (British Columbia).
We will allow you to access your personal information in our custody or control, and you may request that we:
- update or correct such personal information;
- change your preferences with respect to communications and other information received from us; or
- delete your personal information on our primary system, by submitting a request to Customer Support, though this may result in your inability to use the Service.
If we are satisfied on reasonable grounds that your request to update or correct your information should be implemented, we will correct your personal information on our primary system as soon as reasonably possible. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required or authorized by law.
9. Communicating With You By Email
By providing your email address to us or communicating with us via email, you are deemed to expressly consent to receiving email communications from us in conjunction with the Service that we provide to you.
10. Retention of Personal Information
We retain personal information collected pursuant to this Policy only as long as is reasonably required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or as required or authorized by law.
11. Changes to the Policy
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time. We may provide you with notice of such modifications, by sending you an e-mail message or otherwise bringing it to your attention in the Service. Your continued use of the Service will signify your acceptance of the modifications to this Policy. If you disagree with any changes to this Policy, you will need to stop using the Service and deactivate your Account.