We charge based on data points because it is our way of measuring how many transactional events your business have. The more events we receive from all your connected payment processors, the more computing power and data processing effort it requires to interpret and normalize in order to present them as business metrics.
How are Data Points Calculated?
When you charge a customer, refund a purchase or process another transactional event, raw events (codes) are generated by Stripe, PayPal or any other payment processor. These raw events are difficult to understand at a glance, and each payment processor has their own sets of language.
Control comes in and cleans up the messy codes in 5 steps:
- Collect and aggregate the raw events from your payment processor
- Convert the raw events into data
- Harmonize and aggregate the data across disparate sources, such as PayPal and Stripe
- Store the data in the Control Business Intelligence platform to provide real-time analysis and historical statistics
- Visualize these combined data across multiple devices/form factors
A data point is created each time Control completes performing these 5 steps.
What is Considered a Data Point?
Control classifies these following transactional events as data points:
- A new charge was successful, failed, refunded or charged-back
- A pre-authorized charge was captured or released
- A customer added a card
- A customer updated the card info
- A new customer profile was created
- A customer’s subscription was created, updated, or deleted
- An invoice was created or updated
- The payment for an invoice was successful, failed, refunded or charged-back
- A transfer was created
- A new dispute was filed
What Happens if I Exceed the Data Point Threshold?
If you exceed your maximum data points per month, the schedule of additional charges are:
Starter – Threshold: 200 data points per month | $10 per additional 100
Growth – Threshold: 750 data points per month | $20 per additional 500
Scale – Threshold: 10,000 data points per month | $30 per additional 5000
As your business grows, upgrading to a higher plan will provide you access to more analytics & intelligence capabilities, increase your monthly threshold of data points, and decrease your overall monthly overage fee costs. Contact our Sales Team if your analytics & alerts requirements are larger than the Scale plan (10,000+ data points per month). We can customize a pricing plan that works specifically for your business.