Control connects to your payment platforms using the most secure technologies, made available to us by our partners at Stripe and Paypal.
When you sign up for Control, you will be directed through the steps to connect your payment platform, either via Stripe Connect or PayPal Permissions.
1. When prompted by Stripe, log in using your Stripe account credentials. Note you can connect an unlimited number of Stripe accounts, from within Control’s Settings page.
2. Stripe will ask you to confirm the connection. This connection allows Control to access the data it requires to calculate your key revenue and customer metrics, and deliver to your app your key alerts. Click ‘Connect my Stripe account’.
3. Your Stripe account is now connected and you can start accessing your metrics & alerts within the Control app.
1. When prompted by PayPal, log in using your PayPal account credentials. Note you can connect an unlimited number of PayPal accounts, from within Control’s Settings page.
Note – you will need to have a PayPal Business account , personal accounts are not supported by Control.
2. PayPal will ask you to confirm the connection and the permission granted to Control. This connection allows Control to access the data it requires to calculate your key revenue and customer metrics. Click ‘Grant Permission’.
3. Your PayPal account is now connected and you can start accessing your metrics within the Control app. Setting up Control Real Time Alerts for PayPal requires a couple more steps, and we have produced this how-to reference to get you quickly set up configuring your PayPal instant alerts via Control.
Control uses Stripe Connect and PayPal Permission similar to how an eCommerce platform such as Big Cartel asks for permission to read and update payment data in order for the Big Cartel application to operate correctly. Big Cartel created a great video that gives a good overview how this works from your business’ perspective.
You can read more information how companies such Control use Stripe Connect to build secure applications for Stripe merchants and PayPal Permission to build secure applications for PayPal merchants. Both platforms use the oAuth protocol, which is the same technology used by companies like Facebook and Twitter and that allows their users to log in to their partners’ such as Expedia safely.
Note , Control is integrated with PayPal’s Classic API, the technology that powers PayPal’s Express Checkout and PayPal Standard . PayPal Classic is PayPal’s most widely used API across the globe. PayPal’s Express Checkout is offered as a default payment option in most of the major eCommerce platforms, including WooCommerce, WooCommerce Subscriptions, Magento , Shopify , Weebly and more.
A full list of PayPal payment methods we support can be found here. If all of this seems confusing, you need not worry. If you are already using PayPal , chances are Control already supports your business . Control’s apps work with out any coding or integration work, you simply login to Control with your payment platform credentials and everything you need is all ready to go. Contact us if you need any help, or if you would like Control to support your preferred payment platform.